From our first conference in Chiang Mai, Thailand, Cody discusses 10 of the most important lessons he’s learned after building three new media publishing businesses while traveling the world for 8 years.
Cody is an event organizer, small business advisor, new media marketing expert, and e-learning consultant who has worked with Sofitel, Le Méridien, Sacramento State University, Princeton Review, TEDx, Courageous Kitchen, Grand Dynamics, Exosphere, Syndacast, Documentary Foundation, Prosper Magazine, and more.
He is a loving father, husband to Jam Milcah, photographer, writer, and serial entrepreneur. He is slowly working on a book titled Chasing the Sun, about his travels across 35 countries, living abroad for 8+ years on four continents, and close encounters with everyone from Warren Buffett to ISIS. Read Cody’s full bio here.
Follow along with Cody’s slides below:
My top lessons learned so far:
- Don’t stay isolated
- Find Mentors (important lessons on finding mentors)
- Keep a MasterMind group.
- Practice gratitude (daily).
- Failure is necessary. (more about failure)
- Don’t stay married to your ideas.
- Don’t jump into bed with the wrong people.
- BUT…do collaborate with others. (how to find the right partner)
- Take care of yourself first.
- Never stop learning.
Thank you to our sponsors Drip, Empire Flippers, Iglu and Digital Nomad Academy for making this event possible.
The 2016 Summit was co-hosted by Johnny FD and Cody McKibben. Click here to read the whole story.